Tuesday, December 4, 2007

ILL into your e-mail

Because this is the NAS Collegium blog, I usually limit my posts to items of interest for those in the Natural Sciences. Today, however, as the Interlibrary Loan Librarian as well, I want to let you know about an exciting, new feature from Interlibrary Loan. We now have the capability to send documents electronically. Therefore, if a lending library sends us the document electronically (which many do), we can now convert the file to a PDF and send it straight to your e-mail. You will no longer have to wait for delivery via campus mail. The article will arrive immediately. Hurray! Let me know if you have any concerns over this new method of delivery. Otherwise, the e-mails will start arriving in your inboxes. Keep an eye out for them!

Update January 31, 2008: The new process has been successful so far. However, one problem with the new system is that we receive no verification that patrons receive their article. Therefore, if you have not received an email from us updating you on the status of your article or the article itself within 10 days, please contact myself or my assistant Liz Bodie: bodieea at eckerd dot edu

No comments: