Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sign up now for library instruction

I've already seen upperclassmen and -women unloading their cars while relieved freshmen, finished with their Autumn Term class, play baseball in their bare feet outside the library windows. The Fall Semester is nearly upon us, and as you finalize your syllabi, remember to include library instruction. I prefer to design instruction around your class assignments so give me a call or send me an e-mail so we can chat. The library classroom is already being booked so if you want to have your preferred time, get in touch with me as soon as possible. However, instruction is most effective when it can be immediately applied to an assignment. If your major research paper is not due until the end of the term, you may want to put off instruction for a month or so. Or plan two instructions, one as an introduction and then a refresher/Q&A class when your students are in the midst of the assignment. Furthermore, if you prefer, keep in mind that I can teach in your classroom if you have access to the Internet and a projector screen.

No comments: