Tuesday, September 11, 2007

APA Style Electronic reference

American Psychological Association has published a supplement to its 5th edition style guide. It is called APA Style Guide for Electronic Resources. The library has purchased a copy. It is available via PDF, and at this time, we are not sure how we will allow people to access it. To purchase your own copy, visit http://books.apa.org/books.cfm?id=4210509.

I am working on figuring out the new parts of the style, and I hope to be able to let people know soon. I have already heard that APA is recommending DOI numbers instead of URLs. Soon I will be asking NAS faculty at Eckerd which style guide they ask their students to use, since I have noted we do not own the Council of Science Editors manual or the American Medical Association manual.

No comments: